Saturday 9 May 2009

Three Briefs

The three briefs that I have chose are Shelter, Don't Panic, and Last Minute.com.

I am wanting to tackle these briefs using Type and Layout combined with Imagery and Photography.

I have chosen Shelter as I am interested in portraying their message through a series of posters and billboards for different locations. The main purpose of this brief is to make people become more aware of their work specifically the online housing advice.
My target audience is the general public, particulary in the deprived areas.

The company require three posters that are suitable for outdoor advertising only, such as bus shelters, billboards etc.
I am fairly confident with poster design so I would like to create a series of outdoor posters using typography and working with their logo but to create a clever and effective way to put the message across and to not think of the obvious. I want to create these posters with a positive creative message including factual information also. I also want to create the posters with a high impact if they are going to be displayed outside, I also need to think about how my message will be used effectively based on its location.

My aim is to create this brief in a week and half.

I have chosen Don't Panic - Design a postcard from the edge.
I have chosen this because I am interested in photography as well as type and I can incorprate them together in this brief, My target audience is 16-30 year old males and females who are interested in alternative music, film and culture.

What really appealed to me about this brief was designing a traditional postcard to be sent from an unusual place which can be real or unreal designed in the style and culture of where it been sent from, I think this is a good way to express my personality and personal side and think that you can be imaginative and open with ideas. I will be trying to communicate the message from different cultures around the world. I think this will be a good oppurtunity for research and idea generation into different cultures and places.

My aim is to create this brief in a week.

I have chosen Last Minute.com - Turn the whole world pink.
I have chosen it to be the main focus to tackle over the five weeks. I am really interested in promotion and awareness side of design and think this brief is fairly suited to me.
The requirements are to create an awareness of their company turning the world pink. This brief is open to any ideas and designs, what I need to focus on and research is what the company is like and what they do. I think I could be quite adventurous with the use of typography to create an image.

My target audience is adventurous wealthy urbanties.

1 comment: